CIC is pleased to announce the official launch of its new website for the public information campaign, “Securing America’s Future: The Power of Liberal Arts Education.” The site is accessible at www.cic.edu/LiberalArts.
This website is intended as a resource for use by CIC member presidents, PR directors, enrollment and admissions officers, and others on campus to help promote the value of a liberal arts education.
Campaign website features include:
· Key Messages, Data, and Research…featuring the latest research and data that demonstrate the value proposition of a liberal arts education. Key messages focus on affordability, access and academic success, and professional and personal success.
· Liberal Arts Resources…a robust compendium of writings on the liberal arts, including op-ed pieces by CIC presidents and others, articles in the national and regional media, and stories and speeches published in campus newspapers and websites. This section includes reports and studies related to the liberal arts produced by other organizations, as well as blog posts and videos that highlight the benefits of the liberal arts. A section on “Recently Added Resources” brings attention to new postings.
· Promoting the Liberal Arts…opportunities and resources to help campus officials promote the liberal arts to prospective students, parents, and the public, as well as the media.
· Testimonials from Alumni…still in progress, this section will feature written and video statements from alumni of CIC member colleges and universities—both well-known “celebrity” alumni and recent graduates who may not be household names but who are engaged in interesting and successful careers.
· Twitter Feed…highlighting articles, facts, and data on the liberal arts.
As the campaign progresses, key information and resources will be added continually to keep the site relevant and comprehensive.
A second, “external” website to be launched in the coming months will be aimed at students, parents, and the general public. It will be a highly accessible, visually attractive, entertaining microsite that will highlight alumni testimonials as well as infographics, data, blogs, videos, and writings that showcase the benefits of a liberal arts education. This microsite will be the hub of a social media campaign using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other platforms.
We hope that you will find this campaign website useful, informative, and easy to navigate. And we ask you to send along any op-eds, writings, videos, and testimonials that you feel would be appropriate for the website and that you authorize CIC to use as part of the campaign. Those materials, as well as any feedback or comments, would be most welcome. Please feel free to send them to Laura Wilcox, CIC’s vice president for communications, at LiberalArtsCampaign@cic.nche.edu.