College-Wide Meeting Agenda
Bogel Hall, Room 101
August 12, 2014
9:00 Mass – Fr. Greg Jakubowicz, O.F.M.
St. Clare Chapel
10:00 Bogel Hall, Room 101 Coffee, juice, tea, water
10:10 Opening Reflection
Barbara Bonanno, Director of Mission Integration and Campus Ministry
10:10 Introduction of New Personnel – Vice Presidents and Chairs
10:15 Enrollment 2014-15 – Peter Burns, Vice President for Enrollment Management
10:30 Budget Update – Rick Pinkowski, Vice President for Business/Finance
10:40 President’s Remarks – Cynthia Zane
· Middle States – Chris Holoman and Don Vincent
· Assessment – Ron Eskew and Chris Holoman
· 2 Boot Camps – Ron Eskew
11:25 STAR Awards
Noon Lunch – Dining Hall – Deli buffet, beverages, desserts
*** Please RSVP to Kathy by August 7 if you plan to join us for lunch. email@example.com or ext. 201
1:00-5:00 Diversity Workshop
It is expected that all faculty and staff will attend both the college-wide meeting and the diversity
workshop. Excused absences should be discussed with your Chair/Supervisor in advance.
Beyond Diversity: Challenging Racism in an Age of Backlash”
· Define diversity in “real time” by exploring ways to address the fundamental structures of racism and inequality.
· Explore the differences between individual and institutional bias while providing strategies for transformation.
· Challenge faculty and staff to act against discrimination/bias on campus.
· Share strategies for creating equity in the classroom, workspace, and throughout our institution.
Topics Explored in the Session:
· Explore how the sources of internalized supremacy/oppression and how these can manifest in all of us.
· The difference between individual bias and institutional bias.
· Privilege as the flipside of oppression.
· Stereotype Vulnerability and Racial Performance Gaps – The Hidden Key to Disparities
· The harms of inequity for all members of an institution, including dominant group members.
· Strategies for creating equity in the classroom, workspace, and throughout our institutions.