— The play Ain’t She Brave, co-written by Hilbert professor Erika Haygood-Gault, opened in Phoenix, Ariz. and runs through April 26. The play will also run for three nights in Buffalo at the Johnston Theatre at the Elmwood Franklin School, May 1-3. Click either flyer to the right for more information.
— In celebration of National Poetry Month, Herb Kauderer’s publisher is releasing ebook versions of three of his eight poetry chapbooks and Herb has a busy few weeks. Here are some details of all the National Poetry Month happenings.
- Written Image released the ebook version of Herb’s 2014 poetry chapbook, The Book of Answers: A Book of Answer Poems, which includes four poems nominated by the SFPA for the Rhysling Award for speculative poetry. The ebook is available via Kobo.com at https://store.kobobooks.com/search?Query=Kauderer&fcmedia=Book.
- On Friday April 10, “the years like miles” by Herb Kauderer appeared without title in e-issue 36 of Haiku Journal. The issue is available at http://haikujournal.org/e-issues/. This online publication was followed by the print publication of Haiku Journal #36 on Tuesday April 14, 2015. Notification of the print publication is at: http://prolificpress.com/bookstore/haiku-journal-c-3/haiku-journal-issue-36-p-111.html
- On Sunday April 12, Written Image released the ebook version of the 2004 poetry chapbook, Wedding Songs: Poems of Family, Love, & Marriage, by Herb Kauderer and featuring a cover by Mari McNeil. The ebook is available via Kobo.com at https://store.kobobooks.com/search?Query=Kauderer&fcmedia=Book.
- Also on Sunday April 12, the British journal Ink Sweat and Tears published the sonnet “Patterns of Growth: Patterns of Decay” by Herb Kauderer. The poem is available by scrolling to the April 12th poem at http://www.inksweatandtears.co.uk/.
- On Wednesday April 15, McGrath Library held another ‘Arts in the Library’ reception featuring artists Linda Toomey and Susan Swanson, and a poetry reading by Herb Kauderer. The reception begins at 3:30, the poetry reading at 4 or a little later. Refreshments will be served.
- Also on Wednesday April 15, Written Image released the ebook version of the 2003 poetry chapbook, Beneath the Greasepaint: Poems of Creating & Creators, by Herb Kauderer and featuring a cover by Mari McNeil. The ebook should be available via Kobo.com at https://store.kobobooks.com/search?Query=Kauderer&fcmedia=Book.
- On Thursday April 16, 2015 the poem “a distant air” by Herb Kauderer appeared in Eye to the Telescope #16. The issue is available at: http://eyetothetelescope.com/