– 10$ Chicken BBQ Dinner on Saturday, November 7th at 11:00 am—3:00 pm, located in the Swan Lobby. The event is sponsored by Hilbert College Men’s Lacrosse. Dinner includes: 1/2 chicken, baby spud potatoes, macaroni salad and a roll. Advanced tickets are available from any Men’s Lacrosse Player or Student Life Office. Tickets
will also be available at the door. Food is from Weidner’s in Eden, NY.
– Hilbert Professor Chris Gallant produced a video of a fashion shoot for Buffalo Spree’s October issue – http://www.buffalospree.com/Buffalo-Spree/October-2015/Video-Living-Color/
– New post from the Hilbert College Wellness Center – Hand Washing Basics
– Flu shots will be available on Wednesday October 14th at 10 am- 12 pm, located in the West Herr Atrium. Please be sure to bring your insurance card.
Updates from DMAC:
– Kudos to these Digital Media and Communication students! Keep up the great work!
– Congrats to Nick Miller who starts as the fall 2015
Content Marketing Intern for Quinlan & Company! Quinlan & Company is a full-service advertising agency located in Amherst, NY, offering various digital and traditional marketing services to get their clients the attention they deserve. Quinlan’s talented staff is dedicated to success- zeroing in on client goals to help them stand out in the marketplace (www.quinlanco.com).
Nick’s responsibilities will include maintaining and growing Quinlan’s student-curated home organization blog, “Off-Campus Living,” as well as managing its social media accounts. The OCL blog is geared specifically to the needs of college students and young professionals who often have small living spaces, roommates and limited budgets but want to maximize the comfort and customization of their home or apartment. See more about this student and his work at Quinlan and Company here:http://www.quinlanco.com/ideas/meet-our-new-fall-2015-content-marketing-intern-nick-miller/
– Kudos to Corinne McCarthy! This semester she started an internship at The Public. The Public is a weekly print newspaper in Western New York “offering an honest and entertaining look at a fast-changing region and the whole spectrum of its culture—from politics to theater, books to visual arts, music to food and drink.”
They deliver on campus at the McGrath Library, so pick up a copy and you might see Corrine’s byline! They also publish daily online. Here’s a link to things with her byline: http://www.dailypublic.com/authors/corinne-mccarthy
– Congrats to Dave Seifert for successfully completing a film post production internship at dPost!dPost is a full-service production and post production company located in the Theatre District in downtown Buffalo, New York. They are a comprehensive and cost-effective destination for every aspect of your motion image process for broadcast, multi-media and corporate projects.
Also, thanks goes out to the amazing staff at dPost as well as their boss and DMAC advisory board member Andy Donovan for making the opportunities available for our majors! http://www.dpost.com/ Alums and advisory board members have also been working hard!
– Nice work by DMAC advisory board member Chris Santucci, DMAC alums Tom Wills, ’12 and Ryan Fleet, ’13 on the just released New Era commercial! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYFIoa9bojM
– Finally, the Digital Media and Communication department has started an Instagram page. Please find it here and please follow us! https://instagram.com/hilbert_dmac/